The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (Korean: 하늘에서 내리는 일억개의 별; RR: Haneureseo Naerineun Ireokgaeui Byeol; lit. Hundred Million Stars From the Sky) is a 2018 South Korean television series starring Seo In-guk, Jung So-min and Park Sung-woong. It is a remake of the 2002 Japanese television series Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi.
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes | 하늘에서 내리는 일억 개의 별
A TV series centered around the unfolding relationship between free and unpredictable yet dangerous Kim Moo Young, who is called a “monster”. He is the first assistant in a Korean beer brewery who becomes a suspect when a woman’s suicide turns out to be murder. His life begins to change when he meets a kind, warm advertising designer named Yoo Jin Kang, who wishes to be Moo Young’s safe haven. She bears as many emotional scars as him. Yoo Jin Kang also has a brother, a homicide detective named Yoo Jin Gook, with 27 years of job experience. He strives to “reveal” who Moo Young really is and attempts to keep his sister, Jin Kang, away from Moo Young, with whom she begins to know. This is a remake on a Japaneses series called Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi.
- Native Title: 하늘에서 내리는 일억 개의 별
- Also Known As: One Million Stars Falling from the Sky , Hundred Million Stars From the Sky , Haneuleseo Naerineun 1eok Gaeui Byeol , 하늘에서 내리는 일억개의 별 , 하늘에서 내리는 1억개의 별 , 從天而降的一億顆星
- Director: Yoo Je Won
- Screenwriter: Song Hye Jin
- Genres: Thriller, Mystery, Romance, Drama
Other reviews by this user
- I have not been this obsessed over a drama in a while, and I rarely give any drama perfect 10s, but I believe this drama is the perfect melodrama. psychological thriller, and tragedy. Every single episode is engaging from the very beginning to the last moment.
- Overall this is easily one of my new favorite dramas ever, so of course, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. The story is a pretty dark one, but it’s not without light moments and scenes that made me smile and swoon. This isn’t exactly a sweet romance, but there are plenty of moments to satisfy romance fans. There may not be much action for crime thriller fans, but I think the suspense around characters and the story makes up for that. If you are the type of person who prefers stories about happy people living happily ever after, then you may want to skip this one, but I think you’re missing out.